History of 1339 Page Street

All available information indicates that Edwin Earl and Robert Hemiup had 1339 Page Street built in 1884. They purchased the lot in 1882 for the price of $1150. This purchase, at 41 cents per square foot, was comparable to or lower than prices paid for other undeveloped lots in Manchester at the time.

1339 Page Street was constructed in the Second Empire style. Second Empire buildings are characterized by mansard roofs, prominent door and window hoods or lintels, arched window openings, decorative brackets, and sometimes by central gables or towers. The Second Empire style and the related Italianate style were the prevailing architectural styles for homes and small commercial buildings constructed in the Pittsburgh area between the late 1860s and about 1885.

Since its construction, 1339 Page Street has had 9 different owners.

Top